How to Sync Wii Remote with Wii / Wii Mini Console
Related Products: Wii Remotes, Wii Remote Plus
Applies to: Wii, Wii mini Consoles
Below are the instructions on how to sync the Wii Remote or Wii Remote Plus to the Wii console.
What to Do:
- Press the Power button on the Wii console to turn it on.
- Open the SD Card Slot cover on the front of the Wii console. If you are using a Wii mini, the sync button is located on the left hand side next to the battery compartment. The sync button is a darker shade of red than the console.
- Remove the battery cover on the back of the Wii Remote or Wii Remote Plus to be synced.
- Press and release the SYNC button just below the batteries on the Wii Remote; the Player LED on the front of the Wii Remote start to blink. While the lights are still blinking, quickly press and release the red SYNC button on the Wii console.
- When the Player LED blinking stops and stays lit, the syncing is complete. The LED that is illuminated indicates the player number (1 through 4).
- This sync procedure must be followed for each additional Wii Remote added to the system.
- Only a Wii Remote in Standard Mode (After Synced) can turn the power ON or OFF of the Wii console .
- This procedure may not work for extra remotes while your wii console is in certain applications. Be sure to exit all applications if you notice that a sync is unsuccessful.