How to Sync a Wii Remote with a Wii U Console
Related Products: Wii Remotes, Wii Remote Plus
Applies to: Wii U Deluxe, Wii U Basic
Step-by-step instructions on pairing a Wii Remote with a Wii U Console.
Up to six Wii Remotes and/or four Wii Pro Controllers can work together with the Wii U using either the sensor strip on the Wii U GamePad or the sensor bar.
The following video will give you a helpful overview of the pairing process:
What to Do:
- Connect the sensor bar and place it appropriately. How to
- While on the Wii U Menu, press the SYNC button on the Wii U console to display the controller pairing screen.
- You can also pair controllers from the HOME Menu. How to
- Press the SYNC Button on the console until the screen shows the controller type you want to pair.
- Press the SYNC Button on the Wii Remote.
- The Player LED on the controller will light up when the pairing is complete.
- The Player LED indicates the player number of the controller currently in use.